LCVS Next Steps – drugs and alcohol misuse recovery project
In 2016, Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service launched a pilot scheme offering additional support to people recovering from substance and alcohol misuse issues in Boston.
The project was designed to prove the value of extended support to people recovering from alcohol or substance misuse issues.
The project sought to provide:
- A holistic needs assessment – building a picture of the individual based on their current difficulties, past experiences and aspirations
- Consistent one-to-one support
- Weekly support meetings for up to six months
- Working towards achievable goals
- Support to make new social connections and access services such as local activities or groups, or relationship counselling.
LCVS hoped to demonstrate that this kind of extended support would be beneficial in many different geographic areas.
The scheme was launched following a £14,490 Lloyds Bank Foundations Enable grant.
See more: LCVS health & wellbeing and project work