A vast range of free online training is now available to not-for-profit and charitable voluntary sector organisations in Lincolnshire.
The training is on offer via Lincolnshire Volunteer Centres, of which Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service (LCVS) is a part, along with our partner organisation Voluntary Centre Services.
The courses are offered in addition to the face-to-face training available through our centres.
Free online training courses include:
|Equality and Diversity|
|Fire Safety Awareness|
|Food Safety and Hygiene Essentials|
|Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2|
|General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Preparing for Change|
|GDPR – For core staff|
|GDPR – For Board Members|
|Health and Safety in the Workplace|
|Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery|
|Information Sharing and Consent – for People Working with Children|
|Making Every Contact Count – Loneliness and Isolation|
|Managing Conflict – Adult Workforce|
|Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability – for Health and Social Care|
|Personal Safety: Lone worker|
|Risk Assessment in the Workplace|
|Safeguarding Adults (Level 2)|
|Safeguarding Children (Level 2)|
These courses are offered free of charge, on a first-come-first-served basis, until March 31 next year (2019).
Community and voluntary groups based in Lincolnshire can express an interest in these online courses using the form below. At present the training is available only to those groups operating in the third sector.
A maximum of 10 licences are available to any individual organisation. Please contact us directly if you have specific needs beyond this.
You will require access to internet Explorer 10 or higher, or equivalent browser. Historic browsers are not supported. You can check your browser compatibility here: https://www.melearning.co.uk/support/browser-checker/
We also provide face-to-face training tailored to the voluntary sector.
Courses can include:
- An introduction to Volunteer Management
- People power! Recruiting volunteers for your organisation
- Recruiting and retaining volunteers
- Supporting and Supervising Volunteers
- Involving Volunteers with Extra Support Needs
- Getting ‘fit for funding’
- Writing a good funding application
- Fundraising without Grants
Organisational Management and Good Practice
- Management Committees and Good Governance
- Getting your house in order: Organisational health checks
- Are you covered?
- Planning and running events
- Basic book keeping for small voluntary groups
- Getting your group noticed
- Risk Management
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children
- Adult Safeguarding: Everyone’s responsibility
- Adult Safeguarding for Community Organisations – full day course
Training and support for volunteers
- Discover your Potential
- Lincolnshire Volunteer Card
In addition to our planned programme of training, we can are able to deliver these programmes as bespoke training to groups and organisations for your convenience. If you are interested in scheduling training for your group or organisation, please contact us to discuss your requirements and fees.
See our planned training events via: LCVS course guide