Support at Home volunteers enable people to live as independently as they can at home, building trusting relationships and helping them to regain their confidence and well-being.
Working closely with health and social services colleagues, volunteers can make the difference in preventing an admission to hospital or helping clear the path for a timely discharge home.
Typical tasks include:
- Visiting the client on their arrival home from hospital
- Keeping someone company for a few hours at a time
- Helping with practical tasks like shopping, collecting prescriptions and light meal preparation
- Sitting with the client and relieving the relative or carer of continuous care
- Keeping paper records of activities undertaken with the client
The service involves visiting service users in their own homes and visits can take up to two – three hours, including travel time, between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Volunteers are sought countywide and particularly in the Spalding and Crowland areas.
For more information: Contact LCVS
- LCVS has details of hundreds of volunteer vacancies in Lincolnshire, find out more: LCVS for volunteers
- Be the first to know about our free training and events and other news follow us: @lincolnshirecvs on Facebook and Twitter Tag us and we’ll share your community and voluntary sector relevant news.
- Get LCVS news and updates, including details of free courses and training, funding and volunteering opportunities, direct to your inbox: LCVS NewsBite