Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service
Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service is one of several partners working with Boston Borough Council to deliver the Inclusive Boston project to promote community cohesion throughout the town.
The project is set to run from April 2018 until March 2020 and will use its funding to:
- The team at LCVS are working with community leaders, champions and emerging leaders to further equip them with the skills, knowledge and confidence to encourage people in Boston to feel part of the town and to become fully involved in the wider community.
- The project has been involved in a range of activities, from establishing a forum to enable community leaders to come together to chat, share ideas and knowledge, to offering training to enable them to learn new skills which assist in their development and supporting the community.
- If you are active in your community or wish to become more so, if you lead a group or if you are a mentor, coach or an advocate please get in touch.
The Inclusive Boston project at LCVS is offering funding to support organisations/groups with projects which promote inclusivity and partnership working.
These projects will primarily focus on developing leaders and providing emerging leaders with the skills they need to further the aims of Inclusive Boston. They may include, but not be restricted to, training, events, activities, mentoring and coaching.
For further information download the funding overview and application form.
We are working in partnership with Heritage Lincolnshire and developing a youth forum for Boston Borough Area, based on a successful model from Talent Match.
This forum will be working with young people aged 16-25 years old, enabling them to have access to a range of opportunities to help their personal, professional and creative development.
Are you aged between 16-25 and interested in:
- Being involved and cultural events
- Adding to your CV
- Developing leadership and work-based skills
- Receiving mentoring and career advice
- Having a say on improvements to Boston
- Taking part in art, design projects and workshops
- Contributing to history and heritage events
- Learning traditional skills
Interested? Please contact Aureja or Roshni the Boston Ambassador Co-ordinators on email@example.com or phone: 01522 510888 – option 1 Boston
If you are an organisation and wish to support the Ambassador development within Boston – please contact Paula Batchelor, the IB Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
We also act as vital community connectors, supporting the work of LCVS to promote community and voluntary work, signposting to services that support the migrant community, champion integration and promote volunteering.
Volunteering is a valuable means of contributing to and becoming involved in the local community, as well as offering opportunities for people to develop existing skills, gain new ones and build confidence.
Get in touch to get involved…
The Inclusive Boston team is committed to the development of a local network that will continue to support community long into the future. We are looking to engage with young people who have the skills, qualities and enthusiasm to become the Community Leaders of the future.
If you would like to know more about the project, if you are already active or if you are interested in volunteering with the team, or if you are a young person interested in gaining some skills and experiences that will look great on your CV or your Uni application, please get in touch