- Job Name: Community Development Apprentice
- Team: AO Team
2 Vacancies available
- Area: Boston or South Kesteven
- Hours per Week: 30
- Salary: £12,022
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Recruitment End Date: 24th June 2022
- Shortlisting Date: 27th June 2022
- Interview Date: 15th July 2022
Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service (LCVS) Area Officer team help communities bring about social change, support people into volunteering and help local people have a voice.
As a Community Development Apprentice, you will work with individuals and communities, empowering them to:
- Identify their assets, needs, opportunities enabling them to create change
- Plan what they want to achieve and take appropriate action
- Develop activities and services to generate aspiration and confidence
You will do this by working as part of the Area Officer team to act as a link to all our communities and our local authorities, Boston Borough Council/South Kesteven District Council and partner organisations.
As a Community Development Apprentice you will:
- Work on projects tackling specific issues (e.g. health and wellbeing, supporting people in to volunteering and community outreach)
- Seek to actively engage communities in making sense of the issues that affect their lives, ensuring that local people have their say
- Support community groups to set goals for improvement and respond to problems and needs through empowerment and active participation
- Map community assets using the Asset Based Community Development model (ABCD)
- Build and maintain links with other groups and agencies
- Help to raise public awareness on issues relevant to the community
- Work with Area Officers to liaise with interested groups and individuals to identify gaps and help develop resources
- Plan, attend and coordinate meetings and events
- Provide information to the Area Officer team on trends, gaps and best practice
- Work in cooperation with other team members adhering to all LCVS policies and procedures
- Participate in regular supervision and appraisal meetings with their line manager
- Carry out general administrative duties
- The specific responsibilities of this job description are not restrictive and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties as required
As part of this role you will be expected to work to and achieve an approved apprenticeship standard identified by LCVS.
The Boston role is being funded by the Empowering Healthy Communities Fund through Boston Borough Council.
The South Kesteven role is being funded by South Kesteven District Council.
LCVS are a proud supporter of the Armed Forces Covenant and particularly welcome applications from the service community. as part of this commitment any current or veteran service personnel and reservists will be guaranteed an interview if they meet all the person specification.
Lincolnshire Community and Volunteer Services (LCVS) is fully committed to the principles of the equality of opportunity. It is responsible for ensuring that no applicant receives less favourable treatment, on the grounds of age, race, disability, parental or marital status, religious belief, sex, gender, social status or sexual orientation, than any other.