In launching he survey, Mr Jones said: “I take very seriously my responsibility to ensure that your views help shape the future of policing and keeping our communities safe.
“This survey is vitally important and the results will have an impact on every local resident, business and visitor to Lincolnshire for years to come. I will use the information shared through this process to guide me in setting the policing element of council tax precept for 2020/21 and to assist with the prioritisation of police funding and potential new initiatives to further add to our community safety. “
- The launch of the Community Speed Watch (CSW) Scheme – with parish volunteers being mobilized to identify speeding drivers. To date CSW have sent 5,000 letters of advice to drivers and fewer than 30 have required a visit from officers.
- New pursuit vehicles – improved vehicles for the roads/firearms units who get tasked on a daily basis with some of the most challenging incidents in policing.
- Command and control – the most up-to-date command and control system in the UK will be deployed in Lincolnshire. This will not only transform communications between the public and the police force (vastly improving speed of communications and providing a greater number of contact options) but also the way in which units are deployed.
- The introduction of a new neighbourhood policing model – the neighbourhood policing model uses modern mobile technology to support local officers and PCSOs to be out in the community for longer; right where they want to be and right where you, the public, want them to be. These improved systems will enable a better focus on protecting the vulnerable, monitoring potential risks and gathering intelligence whilst tackling and preventing crime.
- Investment in the latest Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems has enabled officers to trace and arrest offenders, as well as ensuring that drivers without a licence or insurance can be quickly apprehended and taken off our roads – providing a vital tool in improving road safety.