YMCA Lincolnshire have been awarded funds through the Barclays COVID-19 Community Aid Package to support people in specific areas of deprivation across Lincolnshire, part of this package will be to issue hardship funds to those most in need and support social action within communities.
The five areas that we predominantly are utilising these funds are Spalding, Gainsborough, Boston, East Coast and Lincoln.
We are also looking to utilise this package to support a variety of projects and activities across the areas, for distribution of activity packs to young people and being able to identify any social action projects that could be implemented and achieved in the area with these funds to support them.
Our primary aim is support communities in Lincolnshire who have been particularly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This project is due to finish at the end of August 2021.
2 x Volunteer Coordinators per area (total 10 Coordinators)
Lincoln, Gainsborough, East Coast, Boston, Spalding (18 years and Over)
• Supporting YMCA Lincolnshire with collation and distribution of young person support packages and activity packs
• Promoting the individual hardship fund through this funding
• Respond to community action needs in local area and work with the project lead to implement its start and completion for example litter picking event and identifying equipment needs etc
• Available immediately to support this project in your area
• Ideally you will be an experienced volunteer lead or indeed part of a group/ organisation that is integrated within the communities and able to offer this link to that area and possible volunteers active already in the area
• Confident using IT with the ability to use MS products, primarily to promote, feedback on project success
• Working with and gathering volunteers (either already in place or promoting to attract more for a specific action)
• A relevant DBS will be required for this role (if one not already in place this will be undertaken prior to starting)
• We will provide you with IT equipment and access to Microsoft Teams and a mobile phone to assist you to contact volunteers and members of the community and co-ordinate activity in your area, also enabling you to feedback to YMCA Lincolnshire on a weekly/monthly basis about activity requests and those that have been undertaken, this will be for the duration of the project.
• Support and guidance from the YMCA Lincolnshire Project Management Team
• Due to the short nature of this project, there isn’t any specific training attached to this role, however, the YMCA Lincolnshire project management team would endeavor to locate and signpost to training opportunities available across the county where possible.
How to apply:
Please email Barclaysfund@lincsymca.co.uk to register your interest, noting your name and contact telephone number and also noting in which area you are looking to co-ordinate. A member of the management team will contact you further for a discussion and will send through our short application form to collate further details.